Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Here is today’s report of the top 10 biggest stock losers and stock gainers across the NYSE and Nasdaq
Top 10 Stock Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Shares of Ambit Biosciences (AMBI) plunged 33.13% to end the day at $8.56. AMBI was the biggest stock loser today as investors traded 1,545,467 of the company’s shares
- Express (EXPR) was the next biggest stock loser, declining 22.98% to close the day at $19 a share. Investors rushed to sell the stock after the company announced a disappointing full year forecast.
- BioTelemtry (BEAT) was next in line, coming in as the third biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq, after the company’s stock dropped by19.94%. BioTelemetry, which manufactures remote cardiac monitoring systems saw its stock price drop, based on news that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services had proposed a reduction in the reimbursement rate to the company, starting in 2014.
Top 10 Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Shares of BIND Therapeutics, Inc. surged 14.59%, making it today’s biggest stock gainer across the Nasdaq and NYSE
- Reliv International’s stock (RELV) was the next highest stock gainer, climbing 14.38% to end the day at $3.50.
- G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. rose 13.31% making it the third biggest stock gainer across the Nasdaq and NYSE. The stock rose today after the company reported better than expected financial results