Monday, March 25, 2013 – Major Stock Market Headlines, Biggest Losers, Highest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
“U.S. stocks fell, after the S&P Index rose to within a point of its record high, amid concern Cyprus’s bank-restructuring plan will pave the way for losses on deposits in other European nations.“
The DOW (DJIA) dropped 64.28 points to end the day at 14,447.75, while the S&P and Nasdaq both fell 0.30%. There were 1,777 stock decliners on the NYSE versus 1,233 advancers. On the Nasdaq, there were 1,269 decliners versus 1,158 advancers.
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) stock soared 14.29% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq.
- China Hydroelectric Corporation was the next highest gainer, rising11.30%.
- Shares of ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) stock were the third highest gainers, rising 9.78% to end the day at $8.31.
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock plunged 19.78% to close the day at $3.69. The company’s “shares sank Monday after the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office determined a competitor was the first to request a patent for a hepatitis therapy.”
- Shares of PGT, Inc. stock dropped 13.95%, making it the second biggest loser. The firm announced a “filing of registration statement for possible sale of shares by a major stakeholder (JLL Partners Fund IV).”
- Halozyme Therapeutics was next in line with its stock dropping 12.25% to be the third top loser across the Nasdaq and NYSE.
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team