Wednesday, March 27, 2013 – Major Stock Market Headlines, Stock Losers, Highest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
The DJIA index fell 33.49 points to end the day at 14,526.16. The S&P closed at 1,562.85, with a slight 0.06% decline. The Nasdaq was the only index that ended the day higher, rising 4.04 points to close at 3,256.52 points.
“Stocks erased most of their early declines to close narrowly mixed Wednesday, with the S&P 500 finishing slightly below its closing high, but ongoing economic and political concerns over Europe kept a lid on gains.”
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- UEPS soared 26.85% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq. “Shares of the company surged as a South African appeal court upheld the company's contract with the South African Social Security Agency.”
- UTStarcom Holdings (UTSI) was the next highest gainer, rising 17.80% to end the day at $2.78.
- Shares of PGT (PGTI) stock were the third highest gainers, rising 13.01% to end the day at $6.95.
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Eastern Virginia Bankshares Inc. (EVBS) was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock plunged 20.95% to close the day at $5.81 after the firm released its Q4 and Full Year financial results and also announced a $45M capital raise and $5M rights offering.
- Shares of Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. stock dropped 13.86%, making it the second biggest loser.
- P&F Industries Inc. (PFIN) was next in line with its stock dropping 10.87% to be the third top loser across the Nasdaq and NYSE.
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team
Stay In Touch:
Google + (Connect with Us on Google+)
Twitter (Follow Us on Twitter)
Facebook (Like Us on Facebook)