- Northern Technologies International Corp was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq, dropping 17.56% to end the day at $10.75. The firm reported Q2 fiscal 2013 financial results that disappointed the market. Net income declined 28.3% or $0.10 per diluted share for the quarter.
- Shares of Durata Therapeutics was the next in line, dropping 15.64% to end the day at $7.28.
- Fortinet Inc stock was the third biggest loser after the company’s shares fell 13.09%. Investors rushed to sell the company’s stock after it reported a profit miss and a reduction in its Q1 earnings guidance
- ACADIA Pharmaceuticals stock (ACAD) soared 64.37%, making it the highest stock gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq. As reported by Economy News, ACAD “appreciated after the firm announced that the FDA agreed the company had enough compelling data for pimavanserin, its lead drug candidate proposed for treating for Parkinson’s disease psychosis.”
- Shares of Chimerix (CMRX) soared after the company priced its IPO at $14 a share. The stock gained 34.21% on its first day of trading to end the day at $18.79 a share
- Zumiez (ZUMZ) was the next highest stock gainer, rising 13.37% to end the day at $28.23. The firm reported better than expected same-store-sales
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team