Wednesday, March 3, 2013 – Major Stock Market Headlines, Losers, Highest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
Stocks fell across the board today with the DJIA index falling over 100 points based on escalated tension with North Korean. Both the Nasdaq and S&P 500 fell over 1%, with the Nasdaq declining 36.26 points and the S&P dropping 1.05%.
Stocks dropped even further during the last hour of trading after Fed President John Williams stated that “the central bank could start cutting back on its bond-buying program this summer if the economy continues to pick up steam.”
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Mindspeed Technologies (MSPD) was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock plunged 16.28% to close the day at $2.52
- Shares of Independent Bank dropped 12.20%, making it the second biggest loser.
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- NII Holdings stock soared 21.39% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq
- Zynga (ZNGA) was the next highest gainer, rising 14.98% to end the day at $3.53. “The online game company launched Zynga Plus Casino and Zynga Plus Poker on Wednesday, allowing people in the United Kingdom to play casino-type games with real money.”
- Shares of Niska Gas Storage (NKA) stock were the third highest gainers, rising 14.73% to end the day at $14.41
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team
Stay In Touch:
Google + (Connect with Us on Google+)
Twitter (Follow Us on Twitter)
Facebook (Like Us on Facebook)