Friday, March 5, 2013 – Today's Stock Losers, Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
“Stocks closed well off their lows Friday, but the S&P 500 and Nasdaq still logged their worst one-week declines this year, pressured by a disappointing March unemployment report in addition to ongoing jitters over North Korea.”
The DJIA dropped 40.86 points to end the day at 14,565.25, while the S&P closed the day at 1,553.25, a 0.43% decline from the previous day. The Nasdaq closed at 3,203.86, a 21.12 points decline
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals (RIGL) was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq, dropping 40.24% to end the day at $4.50. The stock fell based on news that the company’s Arthritis drug study showed mixed results. The new pill failed to improve joint damaged as was expected.
- Shares of Radware dropped 22.65%, making it the second biggest loser. The stock plunged after the company reported disappointing Q1 preliminary earnings.
- Access National was the next stock loser, dropping 21.05%
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Innovative Solutions & Support (ISSC) stock soared 27.17% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq
- NII Holdings Inc. (NIHD) was the next highest gainer, rising 20.70% to end the day at $5.48.
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team