Monday, April 8, 2013 – Major Stock Market Headlines, Losers, Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
“Stocks ended a volatile session higher on Monday as investors looked ahead to an earnings season expected to show modest growth despite concerns about the economy's health.”
The DJIA rose 48.23 points to end the day at 14,613.48, while the S&P closed the day at 1,563.07, a 0.63% rise from the previous day. The Nasdaq closed at 3,222.25, a 18.39 points increase.
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Global-Tech Advanced Innovations Inc. was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq, dropping 17.14% to end the day at $6.72. The firm reported Q3 2013 financial results, that was not to investors’ liking. The company’s CEO stated that “the growth momentum of our CCM business was slowed in the third quarter of fiscal 2013 by the unanticipated placement of purchase orders by some of our key customers for lower cost, lower pixel CCMs rather than higher pixel CCMs.”
- Shares of Concurrent Computer Corporation dropped 10.36%, making it the second biggest loser.
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Lufkin Industries stock soared 37.59% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq. Investors rushed to buy the company’s shares after news broke that GE would be buying the firm at a deal worth $3.1billion.
- JinkoSolar Holding was the second biggest gainers. The company’s stock rose 20.48%, ending the day at $5. The firm reports its latest quarterly results this coming Wednesday.
- NII Holdings Inc. (NIHD) was the next highest gainer, rising 15.51% to end the day at $6.33.
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team
Stay In Touch:
Google + (Connect with Us on Google+)
Twitter (Follow Us on Twitter)
Facebook (Like Us on Facebook)