Monday, May 13, 2013 Market Update – Biggest Stock Losers & Gainers across Nasdaq & NYSE
Here is today’s summary of U.S. stock market activities – major headlines, biggest stock losers and top ten highest gainers.
Stock Market Headlines
“Stocks finished flat in lackluster trading Monday after the S&P 500 briefly touched a new all-time high”. The DJIA index ended the day at 15,091.68, down 26.81 points. The Nasdaq was up 2.21 points, while the S&P 500 closed at 1,633.77
Top 10 Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Sky-mobi ADS (MOBI), a leading mobile application operator in China, reported Q4 2013 financial results that surprised stock investors. The firm announced a 10.1% decrease in Q4 revenue; a decline that was less than expected by analysts. The stock surged 43.32%, making it the biggest stock gainer across the Nasdaq and NYSE.
- Alimera Sciences (ALIM) stock was the next highest stock gainer. Last week, the firm reported Q1 2013 financial results. As announced by Alimera’s management, “during the first quarter of 2013 we significantly expanded our marketing efforts and sales reach with physicians to prepare for the European market launch of ILUVIEN.”
- Unilife Corp (UNIS) rose 25.33% making it the third biggest stock gainer. “On May 9, 2013, Unilife Corporation held its earnings call for the third quarter of fiscal year 2013.”
Top 10 Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Shares of Star Bulk Carriers Corp. plunged 17.21% to end the day at $6.40. SBLK was the biggest stock loser across the Nasdaq and NYSE.
- DragonWave, Inc.(USA) was the next biggest stock loser, declining 9.96% to close the day at $2.17. Last week, the stock reported a more than expected loss due to increased costs.
- KEMET Corporation was next in line, coming in as the third biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq, after its stock dropped by 9.56%.
Best of luck in your investing,
Don’t hesitate to email us if you have any questions, comments or feedback.
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Desk