Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Here is today’s summary of U.S. stock market activities – major headline, biggest stock losers and top ten highest gainers.
Stock Market Headlines
“Stocks finished near session highs across the board Wednesday, boosted by financials and materials, with the Dow and S&P 500 logging fresh closing highs.” The DJIA index ended the day at 15,105.12 while the S&P was up 6.73 points. The Nasdaq climbed 16.64 points to close at 3,413.27.
Top 10 Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- CSP Inc. (CSPI), a provider of IT services reported Q2 financial results that surprised stock investors. The firm also raised its quarterly dividend to $0.10 from $0.03 per share. The stock rose 27.80% to end the day at 7.45. The stock was the highest percentage stock gainer across the Nasdaq and NYSE.
- Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners L.P. (PSE) was the next highest stock gainer. Investors rushed to snap up the company’s shares after news broke that that "Pioneer Natural Resources Co. is offering to buy all of the Southwest shares that it doesn't already own for about $523 million."
- Shares of Alexza Pharmaceuticals rose 22.07% making it the third biggest stock gainer. The stock surged “after the company said Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., one of the world's largest drug companies, will market its agitation drug Adasuve in the U.S”.
Top 10 Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Shares of Fusion-IO, Inc. (FIO) plunged 18.89% today “on unexpected news that both its CEO and chief marketing officer were resigning to pursue entrepreneurial investing activities”.
- Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. was the next biggest stock loser, declining 17.92% to close the day at $2.84. The firm reported Q1 2013 results that disappointed Wall Street.
- Axiall Corp (NYSE:AXLL) was next in line, coming in as the third biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq, after its stock dropped by 16.33%.
Best of luck in your Investing,
In the meantime, do let us know if you have any questions.
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Desk
Stay in Touch:
Facebook (Like Us on Facebook)
Google + (Connect with Us on Google+)
Twitter (Follow Us on Twitter)
Contact Us (Questions/Comments)