Adobe Systems (ADBE) – Q4 and Fiscal Year Earnings Report Highlights
- Report Date: December 12, 2013
- Ticker Symbol: ADBE – Nasdaq Global select
- Company Name: Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Reporting period: Q4 and Fiscal 2013 (ending Nov 29 2013)
ADOBE REPORTING HIGHLIGHTS
- Adobe's revenue came in at $1.04B, in line with the company's projections of between $1.00B and $1.05B
- Creative Cloud subscriptions in Q4 rose by 402,000 from Q3, coming in at 1.43M users, which represented a 1.1M growth on a year-over-year basis
- Annualized Recurring Revenue (ARR) for the Creative segment grew to $768M while Digital's ARR grew to $911M
- Adobe Marketing Cloud recorded a year-over-year revenue growth of 38%, coming in at $316.2M
- GAAP diluted EPS was reported as $0.13/Share, while the Non-GAAP equivalent was $0.32/Share
- For the fiscal year, Revenue was reported as $4.06B, producing a Cash Flow of $1.15B
- The company doubled its Document Services subscriptions during the year to over 1.6M, while adding over $700M in ARR through its Digital Media segment
- Adobe repurchased 7.9M shares in Q4, and returned nearly $405M to its shareholders in dividends and share buybacks. This brought to 21.6M the number of shares purchased during the fiscal year amounting to nearly $1B of cash returned to shareholders.
- Looking forward to Q1 2014 the company is expecting to earn revenue between $590M and $1B. EPS per diluted share is expected to come in at between $0.02 and $0.08 on a GAAP basis.
- On a whole year 2014 basis, Adobe expects revenue to remain largely flat, with EPS/diluted share coming in at $0.27 on a GAAP basis.