Q3 Financial Results
Quarterly Earnings Report
Report Date: November 21, 2013
Ticker Symbol: ADSK – NASDAQ Global Select
Company Name: Autodesk Inc.
Reporting period: Q3-2013
- Autodesk's Q3 revenue came in at $555M, a 1% improvement compared to the same quarter last year
- On a geographic basis, Autodesk's revenues from the Americas registered a 1% decline from last year, while the EMEA and emerging economies saw revenues increase by 4% and 6% respectively. Asia Pacific revenues were largely flat
- Autodesk's third quarter Operating Margins (on a GAAP basis) doubled to 12% as opposed to 6% reported last year. On a Non-GAAP basis however these margins worked out to be 22% compared to the 27% of Q3 2013
- Diluted EPS (GAAP) was $0.41 compared to $0.47 last year. On a GAAP basis EPS (Diluted) worked out to be $0.25 versus $0.13 last year
- The company's Cash Flow from operations declined from $157M last year to $91M in the most recent quarter
- Autodesk's Building Information Modeling (BIM) segment drove double-digit growth in the group's Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) business, with continued momentum in the Manufacturing segment.
- On a full-year basis (for fiscal 2014 ending Jan 31 2014) the company expects Revenue to come in the range of $560M-$580M, and EPS (GAAP) to be in the $0.09-$0.16 range.