Barclays Stockbrokers – Top UK Stock Trading Brokerage
Barclays Stockbrokers is a top UK stock brokerage firm designed for individual investors looking to manage their own trading and investments. Unlike full-service stock brokerages that provide financial advisory and management services, Barclays Stockbrokers is an execution-only stockbroker. Similar to online brokerages (like TD Ameritrade, TradeKing, eTrade and Scottrade) in the US, Barclays Stockbrokers does not focus on investment advisory services. Rather, it is geared towards investors that are experienced enough to conduct their own investing without the aid of a financial advisor.
MarketConsensus News recently published a comparison-ranking report on the top five US online brokers, with TradeKing taking the top spot (Ranked #1), while TD Ameritrade came in as #2. We’ll be looking to do a similar top ranking of UK stock brokers (online, discount and full-service brokerages). Based on our preliminary analysis, however, we believe that Barclays Stockbrokers will rank as one of the top five UK stockbrokers for individual investors and traders.
Barclays Stockbrokers Review:
- Barclays Stockbrokers is part of Barclays’ Wealth and Investment Management unit
- Barclays Stockbrokers allows UK based and other investors to trade across global markets via CFDs
- Clients get instant access to thousands of global markets (over 10,000 global financial markets) – all from one account
- In the late 1990s CFDs were introduced to retail traders. Popularized by a number of UK companies, CFDs allowed investors to trade easily in real time. Investors soon realized that the real benefit of trading CFDs was not the exemption from taxes but the ability to leverage any underlying instrument. This was the start of the growth phase in the use of CFDs.
- Barclays Stockbrokers provides access to a broad range of investments supported by industry-leading research and competitive pricing
- Barclays offers a range of different account types to allow investors to maximize their tax allowances and investing returns
- The firm’s user platform is designed for new, intermediate and experience investors
- Barclays Stockbrokers also provides a wide range of investment choices, including: Stocks & Shares, New issues, International Equities, Bonds, Funds, ETFS, Exchange Traded Commodities (ETCs), Structured Products, Foreign Exchange (FX), Contracts for Difference (CFDs), Financial Spread Trading (FST), Covered Warrants and Turbos
- Top trades. The firm provides a list of the top 10 stocks traded by its community of users, along with the top 20 funds and top 10 ETFs. This allows users to monitor or be involved in top traded or active securities
- Barclays Stockbrokers is well known for its powerful trading tools and exclusive research platforms
- Also provides retirement products, including flexible SIPPs and over 2,500 funds with no initial charges as well as shares, ETFs, gilts and bonds
Despite all the great accolades for Barclays Stockbrokers, it is strongly advisable that users conduct extensive research before signing up with this or any other stockbroker firm.[related1][/related1]
Best of luck in your investing,
Don’t hesitate to email us if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Brokerage Firm Review Desk