Monday, March 11, 2013 – Here is today’s summary of U.S. stock market activities – Major Headlines, Biggest Stock Losers, Biggest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
The Dow (DJIA) index continues to break new records, rising 50.22 points to end the day at a new high of 14,447.29. “Stocks finished near session highs Monday, with the Dow posting another record closing high and the S&P 500 within 1 percent of its 2007 peak, as investors shrugged off earlier worries over disappointing economic data from China and weakness in Europe”.
On the NYSE, advancing stocks (1,600) outpaced declining stocks (1,385). The Nasdaq had 1,256 advancing stocks versus 1,196 decliners.
- China Auto Logistic Inc. (CALI) was the highest gainer across the NYSE and Nasdaq, surging 88.77% to end the day at $5.21.
- Entravision Communication stock was the next highest gainer. Investors rushed to buy the company’s shares after it released full year 2012 earnings report that surprised Wall Street analysts. The company reported $58.7 million in 2012 full year net income, a 67.8% rise from 2011’s net income of $34.9 million.
- Shares of Dex One Corporation were the third highest gainers, rising 18.57% to end the day at $2.49. The firm is set to release Q4 and full year financial results on Monday, March 18.
- Shares of AEterna Zentaris’ stock plunged -22.52% after the firm reported that it was going to “discontinue Phase 3 Trial in Multiple Myeloma with Perifosine” following recommendations from an independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB).
- Canadian Solar (CSIQ) was the next biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock declined -15.55% to close the day at $3.15 after reporting Q4 financial results that disappointed stock analyst and investors.
- Dicks Sporting Goods (DKS) was next in line with its stock dropping -10.85% to be the third top loser across the Nasdaq and NYSE. Investors rushed to dump the company’s stock after it reported dismal financial reports and lowered its financial forecast for 2013
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team
Enter your e-mail address on the “Never miss a post!” section on the top right of this page and receive articles as soon as they are posted.