Friday, March 15, 2013 – Here is today’s summary of U.S. stock market activities – Major Headlines, Biggest Stock Losers, Highest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
Stocks ended slightly lower today with the Dow (DJIA) closing at 14,514.11, down 25.03 points. The S&P 500 fell 2.53 points to end the day at 1,560.70, while the Nasdaq closed at 3,249.07, down 9.86.
On the NYSE, advancing stocks (1,397) were less than declining stocks (1,605), while the Nasdaq had 1,369 decliners versus 1,094 advancing stocks.
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Progenics Pharmaceuticals (PGNX) was the highest gainer across the NYSE and Nasdaq, surging 28.99% to close at $4.36. The company announced higher than expected revenue numbers and a lower than estimated net loss.
- China Hgs Real Estate (HGSH) stock was the next highest gainer. The stock surged 22.65% to end the day at $6.39.
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Senomyx was the biggest stock decliner across the Nasdaq and NYSE (by percentage points). The firm reported Q4 and Full Year 2012 financial results that disappointed investors, with revenue declining by 3.98% from the previous year.
- Shares of Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN) stock plunged -19.71% making it the second biggest loser. Yesterday, after the close of trading, the firm released its Q4 2012 earnings results.
- Team, Inc. was next in line with its stock dropping -19.43% to be the third top loser across the Nasdaq and NYSE. Investors scrambled to dump the stock after the firm issued a lower than expected Q3 EPS and revenue forecast.