Market Update – 3/18/13 – Biggest Stock Losers & Winners across NYSE & Nasdaq
Monday, March 18, 2013 – Here is today’s summary of U.S. stock market activities – Major Headlines, Biggest Stock Losers, Highest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
Stocks declined across the board today amid worries about Cyprus and the possibility of a renewed European crisis. “Global markets were spooked by news of Cyprus' plan to tax bank depositors to help fund a 10 billion euro bailout.”
The Dow fell 62 points to end the day at 14452.06. The Nasdaq was down 11.48 points, while the S&P 500 declined 0.55% to close the day at 1552.10.
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- GMX Resources (GMXR) was the highest gainer across the NYSE and Nasdaq, surging 15.94% to end the day at $4.00. In the last one month alone, GMXR has experienced very wide gyrations in its stock price.
- YRC Worldwide stock was the next highest gainer. The stock surged 15.94%, ending the day at $8.70
- Shares of China Biologic Products (CBPO) stock were the third biggest gainers, rising 13.63% to end the day at $28.93.
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Pernix Therapeutics Holdings (PTX) was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock plunged 12.02% to close the day at $5.49
- Shares of Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN) stock fell 9.75%, making it the second biggest loser.
- Ambarella (AMBA) was next in line with its stock dropping 8.45% to be the third top loser across the Nasdaq and NYSE.
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team
Enter your e-mail address on the “Never miss a post!” section on the top right of this page and receive articles as soon as they are posted.