TD Ameritrade Online Broker Review
TD Ameritrade is a top online trading firm that began as a small brokerage company, known as First Omaha Securities. TD Ameritrade has grown over the years, mostly via a strategy of acquisition. For over 35 years it has remained a highly innovative, high growing pioneer in the brokerage industry.
In 1988, TD Ameritrade was the first broker to offer touch-tone phone trading. The firm became a publicly traded company in March 1997, after which it consolidated its various brokerage units into one broker dealer, Ameritrade, Inc.
MarketConsensus News recently published a comparison-ranking report on the top five US online brokers, with TradeKing taking the top spot, followed by TD Ameritrade, which was ranked #2.
TD Ameritrade Review:
- TD Ameritrade is one of the most popular and older online brokers
- Provides a wide range of research and trading tools that investors – from new to more experienced – have found to be very useful
- The firm is consistently recognized as one of the best online broker
- Provides free, powerful trading tools
- Offers innovative research interfaces
See Also: TradeKing – Ranked No. 1 Best Online Broker (2013 Review)
- TD Ameritrade is recognized for having a top Options and Mobile Trading platform
- Built with the individual investor in mind, with easy to use trading tools
- 24/7 customer support
- TD Ameritrade provides a wide ranging collection of investment choices
- A hybrid of full-service brokerage (financial advisor) and online broker
TD Ameritrade Promotions:
- The firm offers a “100+ commission free ETFs” promotion
- TD Ameritrade also offers up to $600 + 60 days of commission-free trading, but there is a catch. A new member needs to deposit $250,000 or more to get this deal.
Comparison Ranking with Other Top Online Brokers
Don’t hesitate to email us if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Brokerage Review Desk
Stay in Touch:
Contact Us (Questions/Comments)
Facebook (Like MarketConsensus)
Google + (Connect with Us on Google+)