Tuesday, March 26, 2013 – Major Stock Market Headlines, Biggest Stock Losers, Highest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
Markets rallied around the world today with the DJIA rising 111.90 points to close at 14,559.65. The Nasdaq rose 0.53%, while the S&P 500 climbed 12.08 to end the day at 1,563.77.
“Stocks moved higher on a handful of encouraging economic reports that pointed to an improving economy and as investors seemed to temporarily overlook worries in the euro zone.”
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- LogMeIn stock (LOGM) soared 19.57% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock surged as news broke that LogMeIn had won a Patent Case.
- The Dixie Group was the next highest gainer, rising 13.97% to end the day at $5.71. The firm released its 10K financial report today with figures that impressed stock analysts.
- Shares of Independent Bank Corporation (MI) stock were the third highest gainer, rising 13.64% to end the day at $7.58.
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- Stereotaxis was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock plunged 17.57% to close the day at $1.97 based on news that the firm had received a delisting warning from Nasdaq.
- Shares of Gordmans Stores, Inc. stock dropped 15.26%, making it the second biggest loser. The firm announced earnings that disappointed stock investors.
- GMX Resources (GMXR) was next in line with its stock dropping 11.86% to be the third top loser across the Nasdaq and NYSE.
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team