Monday, April 1st, 2013 – Major Stock Market Headlines, Biggest Losers, Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
The DJIA index closed at 14,572.85, with a slight decline of -5.69 points. The S&P fell 0.45%, while the Nasdaq dropped 28.35 points. "Stocks kicked off the second quarter on a sour note Monday following a weaker-than-expected ISM manufacturing report and as investors took a breather after the S&P 500 finally broke through its record close last week."
- Mecox Lane Ltd surged 25.56% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq
- Security National Financial Corp. was the next highest gainer, rising 24.37% to end the day at $8.83. The firm reported full year 2012 revenues of $234.26M with an increase in pre-tax earnings
- Shares of Globus Maritime Ltd stock were the third highest gainers, rising 19.68% to end the day at $2.98
- DFC Global Corp (DLLR) was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock plunged 21.63% to close the day at $13.04
- Shares of Daqo New Energy Corp stock dropped 13.42%, making it the second biggest loser today
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team