Tuesday, March 2, 2013 – Major Stock Market Headlines, Biggest Stock Losers, Highest Stock Gainers, Top Advancers & Decliners.
Stock Market Headlines
“Stocks closed in positive territory Tuesday, with the Dow and S&P 500 both closing at record highs, boosted by gains in the health care sector.” The DJIA index rose 89.16 points to end the day at 14,662.01, while the Nasdaq and S&P 500 rose 0.48% and 0.52% respectively.
Most Active Stocks – Top Gainers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- BGC Partners (BGCP) stock soared 48.57% making it the highest gainer (by percentage points) across the NYSE and Nasdaq on Tuesday 4/2/2012
- Optimer Pharmaceuticals (OPTR) was the next highest gainer, rising 19.19% to end the day at $13.91
- Shares of Mecox Lane (MCOX) stock were the third highest gainers, rising 16.17% to end the day at $3.88
Most Active Stocks – Top Losers by Percentage (NYSE & NASDAQ)
- NASDAQ OMX Group (NDAQ) was the biggest stock loser across the NYSE and Nasdaq. The stock plunged 12.81% to close the day at $27.91
- Shares of Nordic American Tanker Ltd stock dropped 10.71%, making it the second biggest loser.
Good luck in your investing. Let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback,
MarketConsensus Stock Analysis Team