Lululemon Atletica Inc – Third Quarter Earnings Report
- Report Date: December, 2013
- Ticker Symbol: LULU – Nasdaq Global select
- Company Name: Lululemon Athletica inc.
- Reporting period: Q3 – 2013 (ending Nov 3, 2013)
LULULEMON THIRD QUARTER REPORTING HIGHLIGHTS
- Net Revenue for Q3 increased by 20% from the year-ago-quarter from $316.5M to $379.9M
- Same store sales chalked up a 5% increase on a constant dollar basis
- Revenue from Direct to Consumer sales rose 37%, coming in at $62.0M. This represented 16.3% of company-wide revenue (from 14.3% in Q3-2012)
- Income from Operations rose by 14.6% coming in at $92.3M. This represents 24.3% of Net Revenue compared to 25.5% in the year-ago-quarter
- Net Income was reported as $66.1M compared to $57.3M in Q3-2012
- Diluted EPS for Q3 was $0.45 compared to $0.39 a year ago.
In addition to announcing major shifts in the Board as well as senior management of the company, the company also offered guidance for the company's future. Revenue for Q4 2013 are expected to come in between $535M and 540M, with same store sales expected to be largely flat. For the full year 2013 Net Revenue is expected to come in between $1.605B and $1.610B with EPS estimated in the range of $1.94-$1.96.
Over a 3 day period from the earnings announcement the company's share price has plunged by approximately 16.5%