Fidelity Online and Full-Service Brokerage
Fidelity is an online and full service brokerage firm that was founded by Edward C. Johnson II in 1946; one year after the end of World War II. The firm, which is owned by employees and the Johnson family, is today one of the biggest mutual fund providers and financial services firms in the world.
MarketConsensus News recently published a comparison-ranking report on the top five US online brokers, with TradeKing taking the top spot, followed by TD Ameritrade. Fidelity came in at #4.
Fidelity provides a vast array of investments and trading products, including Stocks, Options, ETFs, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income, and Bonds.
- Full-service brokerage and financial advisory services
- Firm’s focus is on Retirement & Financial Planning
- Offers $7.95 per stock trades (placed via their online platform)
- Fidelity members can choose from thirty commission free ETFs
- $0 account maintenance fee ($25 for IRA)
- Products: Stocks, Options, ETFs, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income and Bonds, Cash Management, Annuities, 529 College Savings, Insurance, Retirement, IRA and Management Accounts
- Fidelity provides a cash management platform that enables account users to manage their banking and cash activities online
- Roll over your old 401(k) or open a Retirement Account, and get up to $600 in cash backs
- Fidelity offers up to 200 free trades when you open and fund an IRA / nonretirement brokerage account. This offer, however, does come with strings attached. To qualify, account holders need to deposit $50,000+ to get $100 of free trades or $100,000+ for $200 of free trades
Comparison Ranking – Fidelity Compared with Other Top Online Brokers
Best of luck in your investing,
Don’t hesitate to email us if you have any questions, comments or feedback,